A TAG is typically thought of as a label, which identifies, describes or provides information about the object, to which it is attached. The term, "TAG", as it applies to a person's career life, specifically refers to one's talents, abilities and gifts.
One’s natural or intrinsic strengths; those things that come easy to a person. Typically, talents become apparent when persons are encouraged to express them and provided with the opportunity to develop them.
- Reflect on your talents by assessing your accomplishments and successes
- Recognize what it is that you find particularly of interest and easy to do
- Explore your talents by exposing yourself to different experiences
Our abilities determine what we are capable of learning. As a result, we acquire various skills, based on our abilities.
Example: Persons, who have the ability to recognize and sound out letters typically learn to spell well.
Develop your abilities:
- Take on new challenges
- Learn new skills
- Practice and strengthen abilities and skills
These are our spiritually based callings for ways to manifest or share our talents and abilities. These are typically those talents and abilities that stand out and inform us of a special purpose or mission for which they serve. This may be experienced as a calling.
- Express your gifts
- Share your gifts in ways that are fulfilling
- Utilize your gifts in various ways