Sunday, November 30, 2014
Happier Holiday Gift Giving
Your Presence is a Present
Many of us become stressed during the holidays due to the expectations and expense associated with buying and giving gifts. If you wish to reduce the commercial emphasis of the holidays and provide more meaningful and memorable gifts, consider ways you can give of yourself. Be sure that what you offer is something that is desired by and useful to the recipient. Also, be clear about the time frame during which you will fulfill you gift offer and make sure it will be mutually convenient for the recipient and yourself.
Gifts of Your Time
· Volunteer with a cause important to you or to someone special
· Help someone with a task (home improvement, painting,
organizing, packing for a move, etc.)
· Give someone a break; Do a chore; Run an errand
· Spend time doing something fun or special with someone
· Host a gathering (i.e. game night, movie night, etc.)
· Visit a sick or shut-in person
· Write someone a letter/note; Express appreciation
Gifts of Your Talents
· Cook a meal; Make a special dish; Bake something sweet
· Babysit for someone to give them some free time
· Teach someone a skill
· Use your creative talents (take photos, sew, entertain, do art
or crafts, etc.)
· Share your expertise (resume assistance, computer repair
research, budgeting or accounting help, etc.)
Being Patient Is Not Being Passive: The Power in Being Patient Many times, we struggle with being patient, particularly when we are ...
What Happens To You Does Not Define You Healthy Ways to Deal With Negative Circumstances and Events You are not your circumstance It ...
Feeling good about oneself is essential to being happy and successful in life. Below, in the "Do" column are strategies to achiev...
"Shoulding" on oneself is a form of thinking about oneself in harsh, unkind, unfair and judgmental ways. Below are three common m...