Monday, November 30, 2015
HAPPIER and HEALTHIER HOLIDAYS
Focus on the Meaning of the Holidays
· Celebrate the spiritual meaning
· Observe your faith traditions
· Attend holiday concerts, plays and cultural events
Change Stressful Traditions
· Share meals and fun activities with loved ones and friends
· Be creative in developing new, manageable ways to celebrate (gifts, decorating, entertaining, worship, foods, etc.)
· Make celebrations special and meaningful to you and family
Redefine and Manage Gift Giving
· Spend within your means; refrain from using credit
· Give gifts of skills and talents
· Give of yourself by volunteering or visiting someone, lonely or ill
Take Care of Yourself
· Maintain a healthy dietary exercise and rest regimen
· Avoid excess drinking
· Take breaks and get down time
· If down or depressed, reach out to social supports
· Set healthy boundaries; Keep from overextending yourself
Nurturing Our Being Human Enhances Our Wellbeing Often we treat ourselves as though we are objects or machines. A good example of this is ...
The Process of Progress As 2017 ends and 2018 begins, it is a natural point in time to stop and reflect on what has occurred and wha...
What Happens To You Does Not Define You Healthy Ways to Deal With Negative Circumstances and Events You are not your circumstance It ...
Feeling good about oneself is essential to being happy and successful in life. Below, in the "Do" column are strategies to achiev...